Saturday, December 6, 2008

Urban Clay Walker

Sorry this has taken a few days to post, but I have three good reasons. Layla, Hazel and Urban. But for those of you who don't know, Urban was born on Monday Dec. 1 at about 5:45 am. He weighed 8 lbs 15 oz and was 21 1/2 inches. I started having contractions at about 1 am and was just hoping they would go away. Of all nights to come he chose the night Hazel was throwing up. By 2:30 am I woke up Justin and about two min later told him we had to go. He called his brother DJ to come and watch our kids. Lucky him. Sick kids at three am and he still had work and school the next day. We really really appreciated it. Thanks!!! He got to our house in what seemed like minutes, which was also great, because by then I was in real pain. We drove to the hospital and I was at a 5. I decided on the car drive there that I wanted an epidural. I was going to try to do it without. I am too much of a wuss. An hour and a half later I got my epidural and they checked me right after. I was at a 9. So I guess I did most of it without any drugs. But when it came to pushing I was glad to have it. It took three pushes and he was out. My doctor did a great job and even though he was bigger than my girls by 2 pounds, I didn't tear or have an episiodomy. ( sorry to all the men who are reading this, I'm sure it's more than you wanted to know) But it has made a big difference in recovery. We are all home now and are trying to adjust to no sleep and no attention, patient less mommy and a new family member. Hopefully in a week or two we will be better adjusted. We all love Urban so much and are so glad he is here. The girls have a real live baby doll. Scary!! Thanks to all those who have helped and gave/sent gifts. We appreciate it so much!! Here are some pics of our Justin/Hazel clone.



9 comments:

dkwalkerfam said...

Urban is so cute! It will be interesting when Owen and Urban can get revenge on the girls! Ha Ha

Emily said...

He is one cute dude. Can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks.
-Walker

Holly Erhard said...

Congrats Elsie! He was a BIG boy! What a cutie! I hope all goes well with you!

Fossil Photo / Curtis and Shauna said...

How exciting! I love hearing the story. Lucky you for a nice recovery. He is adorable. We will definitely have to come and visit, possibly sometime in the spring next year.

Camille said...

Congratulations Elsie! What a cute little guy. Way to go with the delivery. We can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

He is even bigger than Evey was when she was born, I never would have thought. I hope my next isn't two pounds bigger than my last or I will die. LOL He is very cute though. I expected more hair from you though Elsie, I guess you gave it all to Layla. Lily is already begging for a brother for Christmas. I have to say I am a bit jealous of you. Love you and miss you tunz. I hope you guys are coming to the Gubler Christmas party.

Cassie said...

Congratulations on your new little one....did I say "little" He looks already grown up in the pictures at home. He will be as goodlooking as his daddy. Way to go.

Linds said...

Congratulations! So exciting! Good luck with all the new adjustments.

rychelle said...

YEAH!!!! he is so cute. Will saw the pictures with the girls and told me he wanted to go and play with Layla. Too bas we live so far away!!!