I feel like I am painting things all the time and doing some sort of project. The only problem is that it is painting a hallway or some other non interesting room. And I don't feel like I want to blog a work in progress. But we are saving for our yard which means no decorations of any kind yet, unless I make it myself out of things I have. So these are pictures of my laundry room. I had purchased the majority of the stuff when we moved in and I just took me this long to get it all painted and put up. I would still like a few decorations above the cabinets, but that will have to wait. I also painted the half bath. Its a limey green. I wanted a darker sage color, but compromise happened. So it's green and white and I desperately need some input on a decoration for the big blank wall. If any one has cheap homemade ideas, let me know.
I wanted my laundry room to be fun and cheerful. Hey it's laundry, you
have to make it fun and interesting somehow.
Knobs for all my kids coats and backpacks.
An attempt at having it all not live on the floor.
The big blank wall...
4 comments:
This is soooo fun!!! It just makes me want a house of my own!! You have amazing Ideas! And I love everything about each room! I would LOVE to see more of your home...I love that kind of stuff!! Great Ideas & decorations!! Thanks for sharing! Oh...and the bare wall...hmmm, I think maybe a really nice sized canvas either black & white or color of the kids from the back with their arms around each other, like at a beachy or lakey area? Yeah, that's easier said than done...but would be super cute! (kind of homemade, but not the print).
Elsie I love the laudry room cupboards! Did you paint them? And the green in the bathroom is so pretty. We are going to do a darker, avacado green in our half bath. Seeing yours makes me just want to go buy the paint today and paint. But we are also saving for a garden! and my ideas for the blank wall is...getting some black and white damask fabric (or whatever color you want to spice is up with) and cut squares of plywood like 12x12 and cover the plywood with the fabric. you could do three of them and line them in a row or do four and do like two then two more under it or you could do two and then find some cute berry wreaths and stager them. And there is a website called red door home decor that has tons of wreaths and berry garland. well good luck with the decorating
I LOVE the laundry room, I might actually enjoy doing laundry if I had a happy room like that to do it in! I have an idea for you. Check my art blog, I made a fun wall decor thing with small square canvases and flowers. It was for a baby room but you could do something more elegant for a bathroom.
Looks way cute! I love the red cabinets!
Post a Comment