Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blood, Blood Everywhere!

My St. Patties Day was a little trying. After what was a relatively good day, I was cleaning the Girls room and getting them all ready for bed. I asked Urban to throw something away for me. (He loves to throw things in the garbage and to be helpful right now.) So he did it and then I heard whimpering. He is a rather whinny child so I didn't think twice about it. I just ignored him until he came back. He walked up to me and shoved his little hand in my face with an empty mandarin orange can stuck to it. I hadn't removed the very sharp lid off the can and he had stuck his finger down in the can. When he tried to pull it out the lid came up with it. I tried to push his finger back down inside so I could get it free, but of course a one year old doesn't understand that logic. So he pulled even harder the opposite direction. Long story short, He cut up his finger really well and I had to take him into the after hours doctor. It bled like crazy and I was driving with no other adult help. Layla helped as best she could, but to say the least he was covered in blood when we made it to the doctor. He also kept putting his hands in his mouth. So he had blood all down his face too. I have never been to a doctors visit when I have been admitted without a wait or paperwork. I guess we looked a little scary. The doctor durabonded the cut and said that would hold for 3 or 4 days. (Little did he know what he was up against. Urban tore through it in less than 24 hours. By then they said they couldn't do anything for it.) These are some pictures of the aftermath. I really wish I had been able to get a picture of what we looked like walking in to the doctors. But they cleaned all the blood off his hands, arms and face. I can't imagine why!




The pictures are not the best, but it had been a crappy night!

9 comments:

Suzy said...

I'm so sorry! Next time, call me. I'll go with you after hours. Poor guy. And poor Mom!

Rachelle said...

I'm sorry hopefully he's okay.I'd be willing to help too.

April Nielsen said...

I know exactally how you feel...if you remember my post a couple weeks ago. It stinks doesn't it?? Those things always happen at night too...right when you're getting ready for bed...after office hours so you have to pay extra...why?? I'm glad he was okay and there were no stiches involved. Isaiah just got his out.

mikeandholly said...

Sorry Elsie!! That stinks! Kids are way too much fun sometimes!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Poor kid, I swear finger cuts always bleed the most. Thats a lot of blood...thankfully no stitches.

rychelle said...

Poor guy!! Happy all is better!

Paige said...

poor little dude! We are getting so excited to have you guys up here. It should be lots of fun!

Steve and MaryAnn said...

I wish we were closer to help out! Miss you guys and we are so looking forward to having the girls. Hey Els, I need an address for Brandon. Love you all lots!

Cassie said...

Poor baby...:(